Generally, uploaded documents require one to five days for review.
How quickly does Uber verify documents?
Please upload only original documents – We do not accept photocopied documents, so please upload only the originals. Note It may take up to 48 hours to review and verify your documents. X small
How does Uber use my information and documents? In some instances, we transfer the documents and information you submit to a third party, who uses them to verify that you are who you claim to be or that your documents are authentic.
Why won’t Uber accept my documents?
My documents were rejected by Uber. What do I do? Authored by the Onboarding Team Earlier than a week ago This is sometimes possible and may occur for a variety of reasons: Please verify that all the information on your documents is correct, including your full name, address, etc.
- Also ensure the dates are accurate! Please ensure that all four corners of the uploaded document are visible.
- If you have photographed your paper copy, ensure that the image is not blurry! Occasionally, Uber’s internal system rejects or “disqualifies” documents for no discernible reason, and the only way to rectify this is to re-upload them, so please try again.
If your documents continue to be rejected, please contact Uber to determine what needs to be done. If our error has prevented you from working for more than a day, we will of course compensate you!
Why did I get denied for Uber?
Why Uber and Lyft reject applicants – Neither Uber nor Lyft will specify which aspect of your criminal record or driving record led to your rejection. In almost every instance, you will receive no explanation for why your application was rejected. These are the most common reasons for rejection, according to my conversations with drivers and company support staff.
- Background check issues – Uber and Lyft can reject you for virtually any background check issue, even if the timing of your charge falls outside their stated guidelines.
- Pending issues and arrests without convictions are also typical rejection factors.
- Contrary to their stated policies, both companies are known to reject you even if you have fewer than three minor violations on your driving record.
Driving with a suspended license or without insurance infractions on your record will almost always result in rejection. If there are any issues on your driving record or criminal record within the past 10 years and you were rejected, it is highly likely that these issues were the cause of your rejection.
however not always Humans make decisions, which inevitably results in occasional inconsistencies. The good news is that you can reapply if you have previously been rejected. There is no set time limit, but waiting three to six months before reapplying will increase your chances of acceptance.
- There is no official reapplication process for Uber or Lyft, and you cannot reapply through the original application because you will receive an error message because you have already completed it.
- You must contact Uber or Lyft and inquire about reapplication.
- To reapply to Uber, you must contact Uber support and request to reapply.
Wait at least three months before contacting them, or they will not consider your reapplication. Go to and enter I have another account problem to access an empty contact form. Inform them that you wish to reapply, that you have waited x amount of time, and that you would like to know the next steps.
- If you do not receive a response, continue sending them emails until you receive one.
- To reapply for Lyft, you must also jump through some hoops.
- The business will not reconsider your application until six months have passed.
- After the time has elapsed, navigate to and click the Contact Support button.
Choose the option I am an applicant, then check the status of my application. In the following text box, explain the situation, state how long you have been waiting, and inquire about how to reapply if possible. If you do not receive a response immediately, wait a few days before sending them another email.
- Both Lyft and Uber allow for reapplications.
- The companies do not make it simple.
- Many previously rejected or deactivated applicants have reapplied and been accepted by companies.
- If you were rejected due to a criminal record, there is virtually no chance that either company will accept you.
- They take the safety of their users very seriously, and any potential threat, regardless of its severity, is avoided at all costs.
If you don’t want to go through the hoops of reapplying, consider applying to drive for smaller rideshare companies in your area. Rejected by Uber or Lyft? Here’s how to apply again!
Can I drive for Uber after being rejected?
You may always return to us! If you would like to begin rides again, please fill out the information below and we will reactivate your account. Log in to partners.uber.com or utilize the application to ensure that the information and documents in your account are current.