Apex’s General Liability Coverage Whether in the workplace or in our personal lives, we are all obligated not to harm others or destroy their property. Coverage for your legal obligation as a renter or owner of residential property is included in your Home and Contents insurance plans.
- Businesses require General Liability coverage.
- This is commonly referred to as Public & Products Liability or Broadform Liability, but it goes by a variety of other names.
- This coverage protects your organization if it is legally liable for property damage and physical harm to non-employees.
- It also offers protection if your items cause harm or damage.
In addition to covering sums you become compelled to pay, the policy also covers the costs associated with fighting claims filed against you. Coverage also applies to your legal obligation under the Forest & Rural Fires Act; for uninsured property in your care, custody, or control; your use of non-registered mobile mechanical plant; and your legal liability for damage as a lessee under a lease arrangement.
Depending on your demands, insurance coverage can be provided in New Zealand or abroad. General Liability, Employers Liability, Employment Disputes, Crime, Directors & Officers, and Nonprofit Associations are all covered by Apex. We customise to your specifications based on the demands of your organization.
Claims Examples A tiny delicatessen sold a quiche with an olive stone to a local businessman who damaged two teeth by biting on it. He filed a lawsuit for dental repairs and pain and suffering. To fight the lawsuit would have been too expensive for the delicatessen, and resolving the claim themselves would have significantly impacted their cash flow.
The delicatessen was insured for injuries caused by its goods, and its insurer resolved the suit on its behalf. A plumber re-roofed a home, but omitted flashings from one portion. During a storm, water entered the residence and ruined carpets, belongings, and a few gib walls. In spite of the fact that the General Liability insurance did not offer coverage for correcting the defective workmanship, coverage was in place for the resulting harm.
Please contact General Liability — Apex Insurance for more information or questions.
Why is liability insurance mandatory?
Why is liability insurance essential? – Liability insurance is a necessary protection for small business owners. It protects you against accusations that your company caused personal harm or property damage. The significance of liability insurance stems from the fact that typical corporate activities might result in claims.
- Without coverage, you would have to pay for claims out of cash, putting your firm at risk financially.
- Hurt somebody Damaged the property of a third party Reputational injury was caused through slander or libel.
- General liability insurance is only one sort of liability coverage.
- As a result, it does not cover all types of liability claims.
For instance, it will not assist your staff in recovering from a work-related sickness or accident. This sort of claim requires a different form of coverage called workers’ compensation insurance. You will likely need to get other forms of liability insurance to adequately safeguard your small business.
What Does Personal Liability Insurance Cover? Common instances of suits for personal culpability include: Medical expenses incurred as a result of a visitor’s injury in your house. Legal fees associated with litigation seeking to collect losses possibly covered by the policy.
What does liability insurance cover?
What Does Automobile Liability Insurance Cover? – This coverage may pay up to the maximum you choose if you are judged liable for damages caused by an accident, and it can provide a legal defense if you are sued. Both property damage to another’s property and personal injuries caused by the accident are covered under liability coverage.
- Among the forms of damages that may be evaluated are the following: Medical and hospital expenses Lost income distress and suffering Rehabilitation services Home-based medical services The majority of jurisdictions require drivers to carry a minimum level of liability insurance.
- Liability coverage offers vital protection for drivers.
The majority of states mandate that drivers have auto liability insurance. Contact your local independent agent or Travelers representative and inquire about the appropriate auto liability insurance to learn more about vehicle liability insurance. View Video Transcript You may have heard of bodily harm liability coverage, but what exactly is it? Imagine you are travelling to work when you are involved in an accident with a car carrying three individuals.
Unfortunately, they’re all injured. This is the purpose of bodily injury liability coverage. If any of the aggrieved parties file a lawsuit against you, your coverage provides for a few essential provisions. One – your legal defense. And two if you are liable for damages up to the policy’s maximum. Here is another essential consideration.
Your net worth may be at stake if you are proven responsible for an accident. The more your riches, the more protection you may desire. Consider purchasing an umbrella policy for further liability protection. For further information, please visit Travelers.com.
- In the event of a covered accident, bodily injury liability insurance normally covers the costs connected with injuries you caused to others, up to the policy amount.
- This coverage may also pay for your legal defense if you are sued for causing the accident.
- View Video Transcript You may have heard of property damage liability coverage, but what is it? En route to the grocery store, you rear-end a stopped vehicle at an intersection.
There are no injuries, however the other vehicle is damaged. This is why you have property damage liability coverage – your policy provides for the following: First, damages to the other driver’s vehicle, up to the policy maximum, if you caused the collision, and second, your legal defense. In a covered accident, property damage liability coverage compensates for the damage you cause to others’ property, including their automobiles. A Travelers representative can help you understand your state’s requirements and choose the appropriate level of liability coverage.
What is Illinois liability insurance?
In Illinois, auto liability insurance is required for all drivers. When you are found at fault for an accident, your liability insurance covers solely the other vehicle’s driver and/or passengers. Liability insurance does not cover your own medical expenses or property damage.
What is Illinois general liability insurance?
Illinois General Liability Insurance General liability insurance, also known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your organization from claims of personal injury, medical expenses, and property damage by a third party.