When compared to conventional pharmacies, Alto generates revenue in the same manner: we fulfill customers’ prescriptions and submit claims to their insurance providers, and some customers also pay cash.
How does alto work?
Free delivery on the same day. We will personally bring your prescriptions to you at the time and place that are most convenient for you. You may get delivery updates sent to your phone through SMS, or you can monitor your courier via the Alto app in real time. We will leave your drugs in a predetermined secure location so that there is no human contact throughout the delivery process.
Who invested in Alto pharmacy?
Alto Pharmacy, a prescription delivery business, received a $250 million investment lead by SoftBank’s second Vision Fund. This investment is expected to disrupt the pharmacy industry. The series D investment round was also engaged in by the company’s previous investors, including GreenOaks Capital, Jackson Square Ventures, Olive Tree Capital, and Zola Global.
What is Alto medication?
Drug Name: Aceclofenac – Aceclofenac is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), which is prescribed for fever and to relieve pain and swelling in osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis. It is also used to treat ankylosing spondylitis, which is a form of ankylosing spondylitis.
Is Alto pharmacy legit?
Is there any danger? – When I first considered utilizing a pharmacy within an app, my primary concern was that I would receive the incorrect drug or, even worse, a counterfeit version of the medication. One of my physicians suggested that I give it a go, which was a significant factor in my decision to do so.
- Their expert opinion seemed like the best indicator of whether or not it was safe to proceed.
- I found out that Alto was founded from AG Pharmacy, which was a local brick-and-mortar pharmacy in San Francisco that functioned for around 30 years.
- This was another reason why I decided to give it a try.
- Before I planned my first delivery, I made sure the firm had a valid pharmacy license by checking with the licensing authority in my state before making the appointment.
Although Alto is a legitimate pharmacy, this does not imply that all other online pharmacies are as well. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) offers a tool known as BeSafeRx, which may assist you in recognizing potentially fraudulent pharmacy websites and locating sites that are trustworthy.
Who owns Alto?
In an interview with MarketWatch, Will Coleman, chief executive officer and co-founder of the Dallas-based company Alto, stated that the startup will begin operations primarily in Palo Alto, Redwood City, San Mateo, and Burlingame with approximately 50 vehicles, and that it is hiring approximately 100 drivers for those vehicles.
How much is Alto pharmacy worth?
BANGALORE (Reuters) – According to two sources with knowledge of the situation, SoftBank’s second Vision Fund has led a fresh round of fundraising for a medicine delivery startup located in Silicon Valley called Alto Pharmacy, which has resulted in a valuation of more than one billion dollars for the company.
FILE PHOTO: At the SoftBank World 2017 conference, which took place on July 20, 2017, in Tokyo, Japan, the emblem of SoftBank Group Corporation was exhibited. REUTERS/Issei Kato/File Photo The information was also obtained by Reuters via files made with the state of Delaware. According to both of the persons, investments from SoftBank’s Vision Fund II accounted for the majority of the whole fundraising round amounting to around $250 million.
They indicated that at one time, the fund considered investing as much as $300 million, but in the end, they chose to put a cap on how much risk they were willing to take on. According to the reports, other current investors took part in the Series D round of funding.
These existing investors include Greenoaks Capital and Jackson Square Ventures. It is anticipated that Alto, a digital pharmacy that provides delivery of prescriptions to patients in many locations located in California, Nevada, Colorado, and Washington, would make the announcement the following week.
The investment in Alto Pharmacy comes during a difficult period for SoftBank 9984. T A number of the firms in its portfolio have experienced difficulties in recent months, the most notable of which is WeWork, which had to cancel its initial public offering (IPO) the previous year and obtain a bailout from SoftBank totaling over $10 billion in order to remain in business.
- Since the first Vision Fund was established by SoftBank in 2017, both funds have regularly issued cheques with amounts ranging anywhere from one hundred million dollars to several billion dollars.
- To this far, the company has placed the majority of its wagers on the office-sharing company WeWork, the ride-hailing behemoth Uber Technologies, and the Chinese ride-haling provider Didi Chuxing.
Traditional pharmacy chains have been challenged in recent years by venture-backed online pharmacies such as Blink Health and PillPack, the latter of which was bought by Amazon in 2018. Alto’s competitors include these two companies. Alto was originally established in 2015 under the name ScriptDash.
- In 2017, after successfully raising $23 million from investors including Greenoaks Capital and Jackson Square Ventures, the company relaunched itself as Alto.
- Alto has now raised over 350 million dollars with their most recent round of funding.
- One of the first significant investments made by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II was made in Alto, a company that has expanded beyond its roots in delivery and now provides physicians and clinics with a technology platform to fill prescriptions.
The funding for Alto is one of the first significant investments made by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II, for which the Japanese technology giant continues to seek funding. Both Alto Pharmacy and SoftBank did not immediately react to demands for comment, although SoftBank ultimately decided not to comment.
- Investors have questioned the creator and chief executive of the first $100 billion Vision Fund, Masayoshi Son, because of his outsized investments on cash-burning technology firms.
- As a result, valuations at the vast portfolio of the Vision Fund have come under heightened scrutiny.
- Despite an initial announcement that it had lined up commitments of approximately $108 billion from a wide range of investors, including Foxconn Technology Group, Mizuho Bank, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp, and MUFG Bank Ltd., SoftBank is struggling to complete fundraising for the vehicle, despite the fact that its Vision Fund II is already making deals.
In contrast, SoftBank has maintained its support for emerging technology companies during the past few weeks. Earlier in the month of January, food-tech startup Memphis Meats received $161 million from SoftBank Group and other investors, while Internet of Things firm Skylo said it raised $103 million from investors led by SoftBank Group, which invested directly in the startup.
Is Alto pharmacy a startup?
The Alto Pharmacy Team Has Been Recognized by Forbes as One of the Best Startup Employers for the Second Year in a Row!
Is Alto a public company?
When Will Coleman reveals to individuals that he serves as CEO of a ride-hailing firm, he is accustomed to being bombarded with a great deal of inquiries. When he first started the company, Uber and Lyft were already well-known brands in their own industries.
- They have now grown into publicly traded titans.
- Even though it operates in a highly competitive market, the Dallas-based firm is exhibiting signs of expansion.
- There are around 10,000 active members that contribute to the organization on a monthly basis.
- It has been responsible for about 100,000 rides.
It provides service to a region that is more than 900 square miles and encompasses Dallas and Fort Worth. Alto has also successfully funded an extra $6 million in order to extend its operations in the Dallas metropolitan region and enter two other markets before the end of the year, one of which will be located in California.
- Its financing from venture capital now stands at a total of $20.5 million, the majority of which comes from Road Ventures, a Swiss firm that specializes in the transportation industry.
- Coleman stated that the company’s goal is to have operations in 15 major metropolitan regions across the United States within the next three to four years.
The business model utilized by Alto is almost diametrically opposed to that of its more well-known competitors, who rely on contract employees who are responsible for driving their own vehicles. A fleet of around sixty SUVs belongs to Alto. It has more than one hundred drivers under its employment, each of whom is provided with a variety of advantages in addition to their salary.
- A subscription is required to use this service, and the cost is significantly greater.
- Instead than competing with one another based on pricing, the firm looks for customers who are prepared to spend more for a more premium experience.
- Coleman referred to the company as “an approachable luxury.” “Because we place an emphasis on safety, consistency, and quality, we believe that we are the most suitable option for customers who are concerned with these factors.
Alto is not the service for you if your sole priority is to go from point A to point B in the most cost-effective manner possible.” Although Coleman refused to disclose Alto’s annual income, he did state that the company’s Dallas operations are expected to turn a profit by the end of 2020 or the beginning of 2021.
- Beginning in October, Alto’s income was sufficient to cover the company’s direct operational costs, which comprised the cost of each ride as well as the drivers, vehicles, gasoline, and insurance.
- Coleman, a native of Dallas and a former consultant for McKinsey & Company, believes that Alto’s focus on profitability comes at an opportune moment.
Wall Street is putting pressure on Uber and Lyft to show that they can turn a profit, and investors want to see evidence of this. A greater portion of Alto’s revenue is allocated to the company’s workforce. Coleman estimates that staff pay and benefits account for around sixty percent of the company’s total expenditures, but he notes that this enables the business to educate and vet potential drivers.
Because of this, the organization is able to purchase and maintain SUVs at a scale that results in cheaper insurance rates as well as lower car expenses. Related: This Dallas company just raised $14.5 million to compete with the likes of Uber and Lyft. Road Ventures, one of Alto’s primary investors, played a significant role in the company’s formation and led the most recent round of fundraising.
Alto is owned by Road Ventures to a significant extent. A member of the board for Road Ventures named Patrice Crisinel stated that the company owned “just a touch more than the majority,” but she refused to give the exact number. The venture capital firm decided to investigate the possibility of investing in a ride-hailing startup, so they engaged consultants.
- As a result of the investigation, the executives of the company met Coleman, and they ultimately made the decision to finance a new startup.
- According to Crisinel, the research identified substantial portions of the market that did not utilize ride-sharing as frequently.
- This was especially true for professional women and families.
He stated that Road Ventures thought that a new sort of firm that prioritized customer service and safety may appeal to such customers. He stated that “our bet was correct.” Alto has expanded to employ around 25 people in its home office, in addition to its driver workforce.
- These home office personnel include software developers and a customer experience team.
- In order to meet the demand, the company recruits an average of eight new drivers per week.
- The number of male and female customers is almost equal, although the average customer has a higher income.
- Coleman indicated that the majority have household incomes of at least one hundred thousand dollars.
Will Coleman is a native of Dallas and served as a consultant prior to founding Alto. He currently serves as the company’s CEO. He launched the business with the assistance of Road Ventures, a European venture capital firm specializing in the transportation industry.
- (Brandon Wade/Special Contributor) (Brandon Wade / Special Contributor) Alto, in contrast to Lyft and Uber, does not increase fares during peak travel hours; nonetheless, users still need to schedule their journeys in advance.
- Riders place their requests for rides using an app on their smartphones.
- The usual length of time spent waiting is roughly ten minutes.
Additionally, there is no possibility to take a ride with someone else. (Uber and Lyft do not currently provide a carpooling option in the Dallas area; however, this service is available in other cities such as San Francisco and New York.) Alto has refined its strategy and broadened the scope of its service area in Dallas over the course of the past year.
- In the beginning, it was a subscription service open exclusively to subscribers, but today guests can pay on a per-ride basis.
- In addition to the cost of rides, membership is available for a monthly fee of $12.95 or for a yearly fee of $99.
- There is no membership fee required for guests, however the ride prices are around thirty percent more.
Members use the service on around 85 percent of all rides. Not just Alto, but other companies are also putting their own unique take on the ride-hailing industry. Via is a ride-hailing service that operates in a number of major cities and has formed partnerships with several public transit authorities.
- Both Zum and HopSkipDrive pitch themselves as a solution for busy parents who want assistance with picking up and dropping off their children at various locations.
- Bubbl, a company based in Dallas, seeks to fill its driver positions with off-duty police officers, veterans, and other first responders.
Alto has made an effort to differentiate itself by including distinctive details. Customers are picked up by drivers who are dressed in uniform. All of the transportation is provided by white Buick Enclave SUVs adorned with vanity license plates and luxurious upholstery on the inside.
The passengers may select their own music or choose the “Do Not Disturb” option if they need to focus on a work call or just want some peace and quiet. In addition, the firm took a page from the playbook of upscale hotels and developed a trademark fragrance that the drivers spray on themselves before each journey.
There is a touch of bergamot, vetiver, and cypress in there as well. Alto has plans to introduce other individualized features, such as giving passengers the ability to adjust the temperature of the air conditioning or the brightness of the lighting. Coleman said that, in the not-too-distant future, the seats may one day be pre-set to automatically adapt to the occupants of the vehicle.
How many employees does Alto have?
Development of a Business (employees)
|Employees (est.) (Aug 2022)||145||(-2%)|
|Website Visits (May 2022)||496.5 k|
Is Alto high or low?
The alto part is the second highest part in four-part music and gets its name from the Italian word for “high,” which is “alto.” In vocal music, the alto register is approximately between the F below middle C and the second D above. While first used, the term “alto” referred to the highest male voice, particularly when singing falsetto (see countertenor).
Is Alto available in NY?
A More Enjoyable Time at the Pharmacy – Starting today, Wednesday, February 24, residents of New York City will have the ability to select Alto’s same-day doorstep delivery service for any and all of their pharmacy-related requirements. At Alto, we feel it is our responsibility to make certain that you receive your drugs on time, at the most competitive price possible, and with the assistance you require.
- We bring the pharmacy to you, which means you no longer have to wait in line, make an additional journey, or discover out that your prescription isn’t ready to be picked up after you’ve already arrived at the location.
- Because we provide free doorstep delivery, this means that your drugs will be brought to you directly on the day and at the time that you specify, and the majority of medications will be accessible the exact same day.
Get SMS notifications or check our mobile app to be up to date on the whereabouts of your courier at all times. Are you beginning a new medicine or having your first experience with an injection? Even in the nights and on the weekends, you may send a message to a pharmacist with any queries you have.
Because we are a full-service pharmacy, we carry all of the main brand, generic, over-the-counter, and specialty pharmaceuticals. This allows the Alto app to be used to manage the pharmacy requirements of the entire family and to coordinate all of their prescriptions into an one delivery. Same-day courier delivery zone for Alto’s, and our Manhattan pharmacy is conveniently located in midtown and is quite easy to reach by public transportation.
Delivery times for courier services From Monday to Friday: 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm ET (From 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time for regions further afield) 6:00 am – 9:00 pm ET (7 – 10 pm ET for outlying areas) Saturday – Sunday: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm ET (3:00 pm to 6:00 pm Eastern Time for locations further afield) Open doors policy Do you need a pick-up? Our apothecary can be found at 100 Park Avenue, which is on the 40th street block between Park and Madison.
Monday through Friday, from 9 am to 7 pm Eastern Time Saturday – Sunday: 8 am – 4:30 pm ET Residents of New York who are interested in utilizing Alto’s services for their medicine requirements can request that their physician’s office transmit all prescriptions to Alto Pharmacy (via ePrescribe, phone or fax).
Have medications that you need to fill at a different pharmacy? You may initiate a transfer using our website or give us a call at 1 (800) 874-5881, and we will take care of the changeover for you. The standard business hours for customer service are from 9 am to 12 midnight Eastern Time (ET) Monday through Friday, and from 10 am to 9 pm Eastern Time (ET) Saturday and Sunday.
Patients can contact Alto by using the app or by calling the company at 1 (800) 874-5881. At present time, delivery in the afternoon during the week is restricted to inhabitants of the five boroughs that make up New York City. Alto is a patient-centric digital pharmacy that was established in 2015 and is situated in San Francisco.
Alto is devoted to the health and welfare of you and your family. We offer pricing transparency, individualized in-app and phone assistance, and real-time coordination with physicians and insurance companies to ensure that you receive the treatment that you require, in addition to free same-day delivery of medicines to your door, seven days a week.
Can capsule fill controlled substances?
Do you supply controlled substances? Yes. When it comes to restricted substances, we won’t be able to supply until we first check your identify.
How is Alto different from Uber?
A car for the ride-hailing service Alto. Alto is a ride-hailing application that is now available in Los Angeles, Dallas, San Jose, and Maim. Drivers for Alto are employees, not independent contractors, in contrast to those working for Uber and Lyft. Additionally, Alto is the owner of its automobiles.
Alto Corp. The number of monopolies that exist in the corporate sector has decreased as a direct result of regulation. However, the ridesharing market is dominated by two companies: Uber and Lyft. Lyft only accounts for 30% of the market, whereas Uber controls 69% of it. Despite this, the expanding market continues to be an alluring objective for rival companies like Alto.
Ride hailing is now a worldwide industry that is worth $61 billion, but it is expected to rise to $220 billion by the year 2025. This is where the ride-hailing service Alto, which began operations in 2018, comes into play. Alto, a ride-hailing company with headquarters in Dallas, claims to be the first company in the industry to hire drivers as W-2 employees.
- Every single one needs to receive days of instruction and pass a background check.
- Additionally, Alto is responsible for the management of its own fleet of “elevated SUVs,” which the firm now purchases from General Motors and Volkswagen.
- The service may now be utilized in the cities of Dallas, Houston, Miami, Washington, DC, and Los Angeles.
In the near future, Alto will also launch in Silicon Valley and the South Bay of San Francisco. A representative for the company defined the pricing of Alto as being “something between UberX and UberBlack.” Passengers must first download the Alto app in order to make ride requests and access information on their trips.
In consideration of the coronavirus, the cars are thoroughly cleaned after each trip and meticulously polished in between shifts. Trips are handled and sent from a centralized location, and each vehicle is equipped with video monitoring both inside and outside the vehicle. In addition to this, automobiles have plexiglass partitions installed between the driver’s compartment and the passenger compartment for added safety.
A customer riding as a passenger in an Alto car driven by an employee of the company. In contrast to Lyft and Uber, Alto owns its vehicles and fits each one with a shield made of plexiglass. Alto Corp. Around the time of the Super Bowl, the firm began giving reduced rides in Los Angeles as part of a campaign called “Big Game” that was run in conjunction with Wonderful Pistachios.
Wonderful Pistachios No Shells variations were placed in every Alto vehicle so that passengers could “snack” while they drove. When Will Coleman, the company’s Co-Founder and CEO, was in between flights, we were able to catch up with him. This month marks the fourth anniversary of the founding of the firm, an occasion that, in the words of Coleman, “may seem like four minutes or four decades.” According to Coleman, Alto’s objective is to “to rethink the concept of ride-hailing.
We are working hard to maintain consistency while also providing safety and hospitality. You can’t immediately start driving after downloading our app and having it on your device. We do drug testing in addition to fingerprints and background checks. There will be training for three consecutive days.
- After the drivers have boarded the vehicle, we will begin performance management and coaching.
- We are willing to accept responsibility for the consequence.” The firm first secured finance in the amount of $20 million, and since then it has secured a total of $60 million.
- The corporation has maintained its confidentiality.
Coleman has stated that the present objective is to “grow the business and establish that the path is better for drivers, passengers, and investors.” The company is considering going public, merging with other businesses, or being acquired. However, it also plans to continue expanding as a private company.
- “We have a wide variety of choices.” Today, Alto has more than one thousand employees and over three hundred cars in its fleet.
- Coleman argues that in light of the widespread coverage of the recent automobile shortages, “The supply of vehicles has been a problem, but our vehicle partners have virtually returned to full production capacity, which means that we get access to the vehicles before the dealers do.
We have placed orders for more than 900 automobiles.” Alto Is An Alternative To Uber And Lyft: A woman uses her smartphone to request a ride from an Alto car. Alto Is Competing With Uber And Lyft. Alto Corp. When asked if Alto is at a disadvantage in comparison to firms like Uber and Lyft, where drivers are often required to supply their own vehicles, Coleman responds “no.” “In our case, the lack of available automobiles is really not as severe as it is for Lyft and Uber.
People have a pressing desire to acquire automobiles, and the price of previously used automobiles has risen more rapidly than that of brand-new automobiles. We are eligible for a discount on automobiles because we are a fleet.” Coleman claims that the business will expand into at least six more areas this year, some of which will include Chicago, Boston, and the San Francisco/San Jose area.
, “In 2021, we increased our revenue by 800% over the epidemic, and we were just beginning to scrape the surface.” Obviously, the epidemic has presented a number of difficulties. Coleman stated, “I make an effort not to reflect back on those years.” “We made a lot of efforts to modify our company in order for it to continue existing.
As well as making deliveries, we provided business-to-business services to medical providers, auto dealers, and other businesses. Despite the challenges we faced, the experience has made us considerably more robust and tenacious.” “We concentrated on how we might fulfill the requirements of our clients with regard to safety and hygiene.
The expectations of the customer have evolved, and in order to fulfill those expectations, you need to exercise control. It is our business, complete with our personnel and the cars that we own.” Alto has been concentrating on developing its business, in contrast to Uber, which has been preoccupied with autonomous vehicles and even flying cars.
- Coleman continued by saying, “Customer referrals are by far our most significant source of new business.” “We at Alto strive to provide our riders with a memorable and enjoyable experience rather than merely a ride.
- The proportion of consumers who say they would suggest or promote their business receives excellent marks from the Net Promoter system.” PITTSBURGH, PA – SEPTEMBER 22: On the day in question, an autonomous Uber Ford Fusion can be seen driving along Smallman Street.
The 22nd of September, 2016, in the city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania The Uber Technical Center was established in Pittsburgh, and the company is now working on the development of an autonomous vehicle in the hopes that it would one day be able to carry its millions of customers without the need for a driver.
- (Image by Jeff Swedeson / Getty Images) Images obtained from Getty If Alto is going to be successful, it is obvious that the drivers also need to win.
- “Our drivers are paid on an hourly basis, so they have a good idea of how much money they’ll make,” adds Coleman.
- “By taking the trip, we eliminate the dangers associated with driving.” That translates to somewhere between $16 and $19 an hour, together with health insurance, workers’ compensation, sick leave, and vacation pay, depending on the market.
Does this put Alto at a disadvantage when compared to competitors like Uber and Lyft, whose drivers operate as independent contractors and may deduct expenses like depreciation, gasoline, and maintenance? According to Coleman, many drivers choose the conventional method of having payroll deductions made.
- Because you are an independent contractor, you are responsible for paying half of the social security tax.
- This results in a larger tax burden for you.
- It’s possible that drivers don’t want to feel like a “number,” either.
- Coleman notes.
- “It’s likely that Uber and Lyft have 4 million employees between them.” “Alto, on the other hand, looks to be here to stay, in contrast to many other ridesharing firms that have come and gone.
The pricing point is greater than that of Uber, but passengers adore the fact that they get the same experience each and every time they take a trip “according to Harry Campbell, also known as the Ride Share Guy. “Even little things like drivers getting paid hourly is a wonderful bonus since it means that they would cheerfully wait for you to come outside, make a stop, or even hit a drive-thru,” the author writes.
- ” Campbell continued, “Because Alto also recruits drivers to work for the company full-time, this is a nice alternative for drivers who are seeking for greater security in their careers.
- They won’t have to put thousands of additional miles on their personal vehicles as they would if they drove for Uber or Lyft, which is another advantage.” In the future, Alto intends to concentrate on the top 40% of the market in terms of revenue.
“We have reason to assume that a significant amount of Uber and Lyft business is taking the place of public transit. It is impossible for it to be lucrative. It will cost you more than five dollars to go on a ride because this is a very capital-intensive line of work.” As the corporate travel sector continues to struggle, the company has decided to shift its attention to the leisure travel industry.
According to Coleman, “pre-pandemic corporate travel accounted for forty percent of our revenue.” “We’re now down to the single digits.” However, Alto is of the opinion that there is a massive window of opportunity in the more premium segments of the market. According to Coleman, “There is not a prestigious brand in the ridesharing sector.” “Customers keep coming back to us because we are consistent.
It’s like Airbnb vs Westin. The word “alto” signifies “high.” We are working to improve the overall experience of ride hailing.”
What does being an alto mean?
A lady with a singing voice that falls anywhere between soprano and contralto is called an alto. The lowest singing part in a chorus that is designed for a female voice is called an alto part. When referring to male singers, the term “alto” often refers to a voice that is higher in pitch than that of a soprano.
- However, the term “alto” can also be used to designate female singers whose voices are lower than those of sopranos.
- The term “alto” can also be used to refer to other instruments, such as saxophones and flutes, when they are played at a particular pitch.
- The term “alto” originally referred to the high voice of men and derives from the Latin word “altus,” which means “high.” Alto: several definitions The lowest possible female singing voice used as a noun noun the most impressive singing voice attainable by an adult guy the lowest possible register of a woman’s voice used as a noun see more see less example of the following: pitch the characteristic of sound that shifts in accordance with changes in the vibrational frequency noun a vocalist whose voice falls inside the alto clef range as a noun (of a musical instrument) the musical instrument that occupies the position of a family’s second highest position.
see more see less example of the following: pitch the quality of sound that shifts in accordance with changes in the frequency of vibration the quality of having the lowest female voice as an adjective Low, low-pitched, low in pitch or frequency, the highest male voice, possessing a range higher than that of tenor are all examples of words that can be used interchangeably with “contralto.” adjective (of a musical instrument) the second highest member of a group ” alto clarinet or recorder ” synonyms: countertenor high, high-pitched used of sounds and voices; high in pitch or frequency High, high-pitched sounds and voices; sounds and voices that are high in pitch or frequency; synonyms for high.
How do I cancel my alto membership?
Cancel at Any Moment: If at any time you decide you no longer want to be an Alto member, you can simply discontinue your subscription by tapping the “cancel” button within the Alto app.
What means Alto?
Examples of the Use of the Noun Alto with Sentences, Quotes, and Additional Examples She was an alto in the school chorus that she performed in. Quotes about Adjectives: Additional Examples He plays the Alto Saxophone. Examples taken from the Web More Recently: Noun The National Weather Service predicts that the alto cumulus clouds that are currently moving through San Diego County will both absorb and reflect light in such a way that will result in a breathtaking sunset around eight o’clock tonight.
- — Gary Robbins, San Diego Union-Tribune, Thursday, June 21, 2022 During his time at Gaither High School in Tampa, Christopher Sanfeliz devoted a significant portion of his time to participating in the marching band as an alto saxophonist.
- — Orlando Sentinel Staff, Orlando Sentinel , 12 June 2022 The same could be said of Carole Rae Woodmansee, an alto who was just a few years her junior but had been a member of the chorale for well over a decade.
— The New York Times, the 8th of April 2021 McPherson was able to recollect Charles McPherson, a renowned player on the alto saxophone, was one of the players who spent the most time performing in the band of jazz legend Charles Mingus. — George Varga, San Diego Union-Tribune , 17 Apr.2022 In this laid-back instrumental from McDonald’s debut solo album Drivers Eyes, the saxophonist skillfully chooses where to play his alto sax, and he also plays an electronic piano, which is largely responsible for the track’s understated yet nonetheless dynamic tone and taste.
— Gary Graff, Billboard , 11 Feb.2022 Her expertise on the slide guitar, along with her casually confident stage presence and soulful alto, was what garnered the respect (and friendship) of the men who were her closest musical contemporaries, such as Jackson Browne and James Taylor. Her stage presence was characterized by a casual assurance.
— Rebecca Milzoff, from the February 25 issue of Billboard Alto Wisniewski participated in all three of the Cantus performances, singing alongside the group. Sam Boyer, Cleveland, the 27th of December, 2021 Rose, who is both, possesses a fluid alto that is capable of ascending into the soprano register without any signs of strain.
- — The Washington Post, Thursday, November 28, 2021 Examples taken from the Web More Recently: Adjective Lee Konitz was an alto saxophonist who was a pioneering figure in jazz for almost seven decades.
- He passed away at the age of 92.
- — The Washington Post, Thursday, April 24, 2020 The glimmering tremolo and golden hue of Kristen Dubenion-tone Smith’s give the alto arias a distinctive quality that elevates them to a level of extraordinary beauty.
Kristen Dubenion-Smith boasts a lyric-mezzo of remarkable beauty. — Joe Banno, The Washington Post, Wednesday, December 23, 2019 At the end of the day, a mixture of alto cirrus with mares tails and cumulus give a background to the unspoiled Forester Lake, which is located at an elevation of 10,240 feet and is tucked away in the Great Western Divide.
By Tom Stienstra, published in the San Francisco Chronicle on May 28th, 2018 In addition, my uncle is a jazz musician who plays the alto saxophone and is known as a renowned figure in the field of creative improvised music, often known as jazz. His name is Donald Harrison Jr. —Vannel R. Newkirk II, The Atlantic, March 12, 2020 Her powerful alto voice was an excellent fit for the song, and the only thing that detracted from the montage was the tacky applauding that was recorded on the mike for some of the late artists but not for others.
Her voice was a good fit for the song. — Kelly Lawler, USA TODAY, February 10, 2020 [Citation] Mthunzi Mvubu, who plays alto saxophone, is also heavily involved in the mix and frequently intertwines his lines with those of Mr. Hutchings. Tenor Rodrick Dixon, soprano Alfreda Burke, and alto Karen Marie Richardson will take turns performing as the concert’s soloists.
- — Giovanni Russonello, New York Times, March 11, 2020 Saturday, December 15, 7:30 p.m., at the Detroit Opera House.
- — Greg Crawford, Detroit Free Press, December 11, 2019 Michael Carabello, on the piano, and Konrad Dziemian, on the alto saxophone, joined them for the performance.
- — Susan Dunne, courant.
com , 26 Sep.2019 See More These phrases are taken from a variety of internet news sources and are presented here to reflect current usage of the term ‘alto.’ The examples contain viewpoints that do not reflect the opinion of Merriam-Webster or the editors of the dictionary.