As a standard requirement of your curriculum, you will be expected to complete an internship, during which you will also get instruction in practical skills. If you reside in a state that does not need certification to work as a pharmacy technician, all you need to do is submit an application for an entry-level position, and if you are hired, your employer will provide you with training on the job.
How do I become a pharmacy technician with no experience?
States with Few Requirements Pharmacy technicians in the states of Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Main, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, and West Virginia are required to be registered with the state’s Board of Health, but they are not required to have any particular training or licensing.
A person can submit an application for a job as a pharmacy technician in these states even if they do not have any prior training or experience in the field. They are required to become registered with the state in order for the firm to have the legal right to employ them. This procedure often entails submitting oneself to a background check, paying an application fee that ranges from $25 to $150, presenting evidence of identification, and supplying documentation of having completed high school or an education comparable.
The majority of the time, after the registration paperwork has been handed in, the individual can start working, subject to the permission of the higher authority. The curriculum that is followed in these states for the training of pharmacy technicians is, for the most part, the same as that which is followed in jurisdictions where registration is not necessary.
What are the job opportunities for pharmacy technicians?
How to become a Pharmacy Technician | NO EXPERIENCE
One last piece of guidance: if you have your heart set on working as a Pharmacy Technician for Walgreens, do not give up. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there is a predicted rise in the number of employment opportunities available for pharmacy technicians through the year 2018.
- This indicates that businesses like Walgreens will be more open to the idea of training pharmacy technicians in the future.
- If a career as a pharmacy technician is not originally provided to you, it is in your best interest to take employment in another field.
- You will have the chance to demonstrate to the management team that you are a good worker who is deserving of being trained as a pharmacy technician if you take advantage of this opportunity.
Have frequent conversations with your management about your aspiration to work in the pharmacy. When there are a lot of clients at the drugstore, you may even offer to work there as a cashier to help out and relieve some of the pressure. You should also make an effort to get to know the pharmacist and let them know that you are interested in working in the pharmacy industry as a pharmacy technician.
Do pharmacy techs get paid when they get certified?
There are a Few Obstacles in the Way of Getting a Job as a Pharmacy Technician at Walgreens – There are a few requirements that must be satisfied before you can be considered for a position as a pharmacy technician at Walgreens. First, you have to be at least 18 years old.
- This is a prerequisite for every pharmacy technician working in the United States.
- The second requirement is that your history check must be clean.
- A person is no longer eligible to work as a pharmacy technician if they have been convicted of the majority of felony offenses or any drug-related offenses.
If you do not have a national certification, you may have a harder time being employed as a pharmacy technician at Walgreens. This is one of the factors that might affect your chances of getting hired. Prior to beginning employment in a pharmacy, pharmacy technicians are required to get certification in nineteen states around the US.
- If you don’t have your certification and you reside in one of those states, then finding a job as a pharmacy technician will be more difficult for you to do.
- The good news is that even if you are not qualified, it does not automatically mean that a state that demands certification will not hire you for the position of pharmacy technician.
It merely implies that you will have to overcome a greater number of challenges. The training program for pharmacy technicians at Walgreens is one of the best in the industry. If you are chosen to participate in their training program, not only will you be compensated throughout your training, but also the cost of the certification exam will be covered by the company.
- The bad news is that in places that mandate certification, employers will give hiring preference to pharmacy technicians who have earned their credentials.
- You shouldn’t let this fully deter you from continuing.
- They will employ and train competent people in regions that are lacking in pharmacy technicians and will hire in such locations.
Additionally, Walgreens gives priority to promoting from within whenever possible. This indicates that you have a possibility of getting promoted to the position of pharmacy technician if you work at another profession such as a cashier, photo lab technician, or cosmetician in addition to working at the drugstore.