Please see below for the CVS Pharmacy Hours. You can find a comprehensive list of shop hours, including holiday hours, open and shut times, and opening and closing times for all states here. CVS Drugstore is the second largest pharmacy chain in the United States and has more than ten thousand locations around the country.
- It is commonly known simply as CVS Pharmacy.
- Additionally, in terms of revenue, it is the largest pharmacy in the United States.
- You can buy prescription drugs and medicine as well as a wide range of general items such as over the counter drugs, cosmetics, fashion and beauty products, video and photo processing service, greeting cards, foods, household items, daily used items, and so on directly through the CVS Pharmacy Stores or through their official website http://www.cvs.com/.
Other general items you can buy include: over the counter drugs, cosmetics, fashion and beauty products, video and photo processing service, greeting cards, and so on.1964 marked the beginning of CVS, and by 1967 the company had already launched its first drugstore locations under its namesake brand.
|Day of the Week||Opening-closing timings|
|Monday||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Thursday||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Friday||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Saturday||9 AM to 6:00 PM|
|Sunday||10 AM to 6:00 PM|
The CVS Pharmacy brand is well-known in the United States, and its name is an acronym that stands for “Convenience, Value, and Service.” You have the option of purchasing prescription medications, receiving medical advice, or going shopping for home goods.
- The vast majority of CVS Pharmacy locations are open around the clock.24 hours The CVS drugstore chain has locations in most of the nations in the world.
- On weekdays, some of the stores are open from eight in the morning until nine in the evening (Monday to Friday).
- The hours that stores are open on weekends, especially on Saturdays, are from 9 a.m.
to 6 p.m. Sunday hours at CVS pharmacies are from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The CVS Pharmacy Hours of Operation are listed in the chart that can be found above. It is important to note that CVS Pharmacy is open for business on all of the major holidays. People will always require some form of urgent treatment, whether it is medication, medications, or a checkup.
- As a result, the mission of our company is to provide assistance to those who are struggling at any given time and location.
- Because of this, the majority of CVS shops are commonly referred to as 24 hours CVS Pharmacy.
- We are hopeful that the below commonly asked questions have been answered to your satisfaction.
When does the CVS Pharmacy in my area close? When does the CVS Pharmacy first open its doors? CVS Holiday Hours of Operation
|Day||open/closed||open – close time|
|Black Friday||open||Open for Extended hours|
|Mardi Gras||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Christmas Eve||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Memorial Day||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Cinco de Mayo||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Mother’s Day||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Columbus Day||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Easter Monday||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|President’s Day||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Father’s Day||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|St. Patrick’s Day||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Good Friday||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Tax Day||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Halloween||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Independence Day||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Valentines Day||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Labor Day||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Veteran’s Day||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Easter Sunday||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Christmas Day||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|New Year’s Day||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Thanksgiving Day||open||8 AM to 9:00 PM|
You may also verify the CVS Pharmacy hours of operation by utilizing the most well-known tools that are provided below. The CVS Pharmacy Store Locator is one of the most useful tools that can be found on the internet today. This resource is made available to you by the official CVS pharmacy, and you may access it on the CVS website at any time.
- You will need to go to their store locator and enter your current address, such as your state, city, or zip code.
- After doing so, it will promptly provide you with information regarding all of the stores that are located close to you, including a photo, the address, the distance, and the phone number for customer service.
Google Map: It is widely considered to be one of the most reliable free utilities currently accessible. Simply conducting a search using the phrase “CVS Pharmacy Near Me” will provide results for all of the locations that are geographically close to you.
- You are able to look up ratings, reviews, distance, directions, phone numbers, office addresses, and a whole host of other information.
- The address of the headquarters of CVS Pharmacy is 1 CVS Drive, Woonsocket, Rhode Island 02895, and the telephone number for CVS Pharmacy customer service is 1-800-SHOP-CVS.
Please utilize the tools I’ve listed above to identify the hours and places closest to me as quickly as possible. Please make it a habit to check out site frequently.
What did CVS originally stand for?
Decade of the 1990s CVS completed its purchase of the 490 store Peoples Drug chain from Imasco in 1990, therefore expanding its presence into new regions in the mid-Atlantic region. These new markets included Washington, District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia.
CVS Health established PharmaCare Management Services in the year 1994. In 1995, the parent corporation made the decision to concentrate on CVS and thus sold Marshalls and This End Up. The next year after that, they discontinued their operations with Footaction/Footstar, Meldisco, Linens’n Things, and KB Toys.
After then, the corporation made the decision to transition from being known as Melville Corporation to being known as CVS Corporation. Following the acquisition of the 2,500-location Revco chain in 1997, CVS was able to nearly treble the number of stores it operated, bringing its total to 1,400 locations.
- CVS acquired 200 Arbor Drugs shops in 1998, established around 180 new stores, closed approximately 160 stores, and moved almost 200 existing stores from strip malls to freestanding locations.
- During this time, the company also shuttered approximately 160 stores.
- In 1999, CVS made history by launching the first ever online pharmacy after purchasing Soma.com and rebranding it as CVS.com.
In the same year, CVS introduced its CVS ProCare Pharmacy, which specializes in the administration of complicated pharmacological regimens. In 1990, CVS made the purchase of the Rix Dunnington business, which consisted of 23 locations. CVS completely withdrew from the southern California region in the year 1993.
Who bought CVS?
After months of reviewing the antitrust settlement that the corporations had reached with the United States Department of Justice, a judge from a federal district court in the United States gave his approval on Wednesday for the $70 billion merger between CVS Corp.
- and Aetna.
- Judge Richard Leon of the United States District Court came to the conclusion in his judgment that “the proposed settlement is firmly ‘within the ranges’ of the public interest.” He went on to explain that despite the fact that some people were concerned that the merger would reduce the amount of competition, “CVS’ and the government’s witnesses, when combined with the existing record, persuasively support why the markets at issue are not only very competitive today, but are likely to remain so post-merger.” The final obstacle in the process of the companies’ merger was Judge Leon’s investigation into CVS and Aetna’s settlement with the Justice Department.
This settlement included Aetna’s agreement to divest its stand-alone Medicare prescription drug business to WellCare Health Plans. The investigation was conducted by Judge Leon. Despite the examination conducted by the judge, CVS and Aetna had been functioning as a single entity since the latter half of the previous year.
The two firms have stated in a joint statement that they are now “one entity since November 2018, and the decision taken by the district court today makes that one hundred percent apparent.” Under the Tunney Act, the judge’s signature was necessary to permit the approval of the CVS-Aetna merger by the federal government; however, it was unclear whether or not the judge had the authority to prevent the merger from going through.
During the oral arguments that took place in July, Leon gave the impression that he was willing to putting more restrictions to the arrangement in addition to what had been asked by the Justice Department; nevertheless, he did not end up doing so. In his opinion, Leon outlined the “substantial concerns” that critics have with the merger.
- These “substantial concerns” include the fear that the merger will harm competition in the markets for prescription drug plans and PBM services, as well as the fear that it will harm patients living with HIV and AIDS.
- Critics such as the American Medical Association stated that the loss of competition in the market for prescription drug plans would not be prevented by Aetna’s divestment of its Part D business because WellCare contracts with CVS for pharmacy benefit administration and retail pharmacy services.
The organization dreaded the possibility that CVS might force WellCare to use just the services provided by CVS. However, Leon stated that the opponents failed to convince him that the problems are present at this time or are likely to grow in the future.
Instead, he stated that CVS did a good job explaining why the market for prescription drug plans is already “highly competitive” and why CVS is unlikely to raise its prices for PBM services or steer patients away from their current healthcare providers. He also stated that CVS did a good job explaining why CVS is unlikely to steer patients away from their current healthcare providers.
The President of the American Medical Association, Dr. Patrice Harris, issued a statement in which she criticized the judgment of the court, stating that it “fails patients” and “would certainly raise prices, degrade quality, restrict choice, and inhibit innovation.” She continued by saying, “For patients and businesses that are dealing with repeated increases to health insurance premiums, out-of-pocket expenditures, and prescription medication prices, it is hard to identify any positive to a merger that leaves them with fewer alternatives.” The American Medical Association (AMA) submitted a request to government agencies, requesting that they keep an eye on how the amalgamated corporation treats its patients.