Where Can I Become A Pharmacy Technician?
- Tony Dean
Earning an associate degree from a college or university is customarily the first step on the path to a successful career as a pharmacy technician. This is a curriculum that lasts for two years and will contain both general electives that cover a wide range of topics and courses that are directly linked to the work of a pharmacy technician.
How do I become a certified pharmacy technician in Tennessee?
PTCB Requirements for Pharmacy Technicians in the State of Tennessee – The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) has mandated the following qualifications for those who seek to work as pharmacy technicians in the state of Tennessee: The minimum age requirement for applicants is 18 years old.
- Candidates are required to have either a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Candidates are required to have a spotless criminal history, free of any crimes.
- Candidates are required to have graduated from a PTCB-approved training program.
- Candidates are required to register their information and finish the application on the PTCB’s official website.
The price for taking the PTCB test is often $129 dollars. !- –
What’s the highest a pharmacy tech can make?
A Pharmacy Technician may expect an hourly wage of around $15.90 on average. They may also be employed at medical clinics and hospitals in addition to working for independent pharmacies and the pharmaceutical sections of pharmacy stores. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), pharmacy technicians earned a yearly income of $33,060 on average in 2017.
- The highest paid employee brought in $46,980, while the lowest paid employee brought in $22,000.
- Patients’ prescriptions must be prepared by pharmacy technicians, who work under the direction of certified pharmacists and are accountable for their safety.
- The compensation of a pharmacy technician is determined by a variety of criteria, including the degree of experience, education, and certification obtained, as well as location, kind of employment, employer, and employer size.
When it comes to calculating how much money you will make, location is a very essential factor. We have compiled a list of the top 50 cities in the United States that provide the greatest salaries to pharmacy technicians so that you can get an idea of where you can find the finest opportunities.